Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The 'I's have it...

Each one of us is important in our own way. We are all valuable. We must remember to love ourselves.

How do you determine if you are a lovable person? Is it the love you receive and feel from others or is it that which comes from inside? Is there a difference? Could it just be that the love of self is sent out into the world and others experience it and decide that you are indeed worthy of love? What happens when these two concepts collide? or cancel each other out and you feel unlovable? Can one person really destroy that within you? If so, how is that possible, without you having already destroyed the internal love?

I spend a good portion of my time caring for others- be it my husband, cats, parents, co-workers, condo unit owners, clients, etc. Often, I forget to take care of myself. I have decided to challenge myself to paying more attention to me and my needs. This is difficult because it is not in my nature and can be seen as selfish. I am lovable and should respect that within myself. With this paying attention to me period, I have started by eliminating certain "jobs." I have resigned from my condo board, stopped taking on excessive amounts of volunteer work, stopped over-working and started enjoying new things. I started a screen printing class at a local art studio and picked up the fiddle. I am still out shooting, but had some computer equipment failure. Hopefully that will be fixed this evening so I will have new photos to share soon. It will be fun to see what happens with this little experiment. Hope you enjoy the ride with me. Have a great day everyone!