Friday, May 21, 2010

Thoughts of Summer

It is funny to notice that we too behave like school children as summer approaches. Weekends become more important and the last thing we want to do is be indoors.


We mentally plead with our bosses- please, please can I take my work outside? I promise I will do it.
This works about as well as it did when we were young trying to convince a teacher that it would be in her best interest to conduct class outside. We were already there mentally; we just wanted to have the physical experience as well. As school gets closer to letting out and we think back to our school days we remember that first smell of summer and what promises of magic it brought. This is true with Friday afternoons as well. Who wants to be inside sitting at their desk working when they know the weekend world is beckoning? It calls to us like a mischievous friend. Come and play, come and play now.

Go catch some fairies. I know I will be on the look out for some.